The American Chamber of Commerce in Suriname (AMCHAM) was established in September 2002 through the initiative of the former American Ambassador to Suriname, his Excellency Mr. Daniel Johnson.
The principal reason for the establishment of AMCHAM is to create a balance in the trade between Suriname and the United States of America.
Balanced free trade and investments opportunities between Suriname and the United States of America by providing a forum for the spreading of information;
Exchanging ideas, influencing policy and legislation, as well as facilitating the possibility of doing business.
This is the promotion and simplification of free trade and investments between Suriname and the rest of the world through the international network of the American Chamber of Commerce.
THE ROLE OF AMCHAMS:
The most important activity of an AMCHAM is to render services for member companies, their directors and managers who support the organization.
Some of our services include:
* Export-Import trade relations with business and government contacts;
* Periodical news bulletins and other publications;
* Information access on trade and investments;
* Information center for customs duty, rates and government regulations;
* A library and reference facilities on behalf of the members;
* Participation in activities of the U.S. Chamber;
* Networking opportunities;